Figured it would be useful to layout just what's going to happen at this event in June 2020.
The 2 day event will take part in the excellent gaming store of Tabletop Republic in High Wycombe (cheapest hotels for the dates were around £25/night if booked early) and there are a range of car park options (The best I have found is Train station for £6/day and then the High Street for FREE on Sunday.)
Lots of food options nearby too - plus looking at the option of something in the evening from a local Indian Restaurant. (Vendor may change closer to the date/more details to come)
Onto the gaming bits...
Each round will be vs the same opponent for both Game systems. The only exception is the first round which is a bit of fun and purely KoW.
Game 1 - Kings of War - 1K - SPEED ROUND
- First Game of the tournament - Challenges and grudge matches are openly encouraged. Added twist... the round is only 30 minutes each player instead of 45. (I call it the "forced Wake up call"
Game 2 - Vanguard
- The winner of this game will gain D3 re-rolls in the following Kings of War battle
Game 3 - Kings of War
Game 4 - Vanguard
- The loser of this game will need to deploy D3+1 units when you deploy for your next KoW game
Game 5 - Kings of War
Game 6 - Vanguard
- The winner of this game will choose to go first or second on both Deployment and the start of the following KoW game
Game 7 - Kings of War
Lunch, Painting Comps
Game 8 - Vanguard
- The loser of this game will need to pick TWO up to 10 point Magic items from the KoW Artefacts pack. The Winner of this game will then pick one of those items to use in the following KoW game, and the loser will receive the remaining item. These items can only be given to a unit or character that could potentially take it already and does not already have an artefact or (1) Upgrade.
Game 9 - Kings of War
End - Results
Conquest Champion (Combined from both games)
KoW Winner for Rankings Purposes
Vanguard Winner for Rankings Purposes.
As you can see, the Vanguard games and missions will influence the KoW games slightly, but nothing too serious and shouldn't change the outcome of the battles. It's a varied weekend and a lot of games, but with a smaller points limit, this shouldn't be an issue.
I look forward to seeing you all at the event!